GATE Identification Process
1. The Site GATE Coordinator distributes the following forms to all teachers and counselors (February).
2. Teachers complete the Nomination Forms and return them to the Site GATE Coordinator (March).
3. The Site GATE Coordinator collects supporting documentation for each nomination (transcripts, standardized test scores, impact factors such as English Language Acquisition, and student work, if appropriate.
4. The APC, the Site GATE Coordinator, and other appropriate staff review the nomination forms and documentation and select those students to be recommended for GATE identification (April).
5. All nomination forms, supporting documentation, and the GATE Nominating Committee Signature cover Sheet are stapled into separate packets for each student. These packets are sent to the district GATE Coordinator for final review and approval (May).
6. The Site GATE Coordinator mails home the GATE parent Permission Forms to obtain signed parent permission for the student to be included in the district GATE program (June).
7. Once the parent permission form is received, the GATE designation for each student is added to the Student Information System and services begin (June/July).
GATE Program Identification and nomination formProfile of GATE Characteristics/GATE Identification Process