A Senior Project mentor is one who guides a student through his/her fieldwork. The mentor will coach/teach the mentee, with the goal of removing the "training wheels" as the fieldwork progresses.
A mentor must meet the following qualifications:
· 21 years of age and in no way related to the mentor
· Witness a minimum of 50% of the fieldwork hours and attend any final exhibitions, performances, presentations, etc.
· Be available to sign forms and write a letter to the teacher regarding the student's fieldwork
· Must be a supervisor/director of an organization or may be a Santa Fe High School Teacher (excepting education topics)
Golden Rules of Mentoring
· Hold the student accountable at all times. Before signing any documents, always ask for proof of hours, work, etc.
· Do not mentor too many students. Remember the time commitment - it is impossible to oversee the hours of more than two mentees.
· Do not complete the fieldwork for the student.
· Do not continue the mentor partnership if your mentee consistently breaks appointments or does not maintain consistent contact with you.