It is the mission of the Whittier Union High School District to achieve & maintain excellence in providing a comprehensive education for all students.
The Whittier Union High School District will provide all students with an engaging, quality standards-based instructional program delivered by a well-trained staff resulting in improved student achievement.
Statement of Beliefs
our students must be effective communicators, quality producers, self-directed lifelong learners, community contributors, collaborative workers, and complex thinkers.
every individual has worth and dignity.
every student can learn.
in the strength inherent in the ethnic and cultural diversity of the students, parents and community we serve.
every student must be prepared to meet the challenges and changing needs of society.
in maintaining a safe and secure learning environment.
parents are essential partners in the education of their children.
in providing a well-trained, competent staff.
Further, we believe:
- in being accountable to students, parents and community for student academic and personal growth.
- in providing adequate facilities, a physical environment conducive to learning, and up-to-date technology.
- the collaboration of the K-16 education community is essential to ensuring a quality education.
- in being an integral partner in the business and the cultural life of the community.
- our schools are places where students establish and develop positive relationships with other students and adult role models.