VISION, MISSION, BELIEFS, ESLRS
California High School will . . .
- Ensure that all students meet graduation requirements.
- Hold students accountable.
- Prepare students for the future.
- Modify teaching methods to accommodate student learning.
- Regularly assess alignment and effectiveness of curriculum.
- Inspire life-long learning.
- Encourage academic freedom to explore diverse opinions.
The mission of California High School is to maintain a safe and caring environment in which every student is academically challenged and will achieve his or her maximum potential through a community effort to address critical needs, to focus on essential standards and to attain the Essential Schoolwide Learning Results (ESLRs):
§ Analytical Thinkers
§ Self-directed Achievers
§ Quality Producers
§ Effective Communicators
§ Collaborative Workers
§ Community Contributors
California High School believes that . . .
- All groups should be represented in decision making.
- Faculty, counselors, staff and parents working together help students succeed academically and personally.
- Parents are essential partners in the education of their children.
- Experienced teachers and department members are best equipped to mentor new teachers.
- Teachers must provide well-planned and effectively-delivered curriculum based upon California State Content Standards.
- Departments should collaboratively coordinate curriculum benchmarks and common assessments.
- Ongoing assessment of current practices and procedures provides the foundation and intervention support to improve both instruction and student performance.
- The Senior Project is a powerful strategy that serves as a culminating assessment and measures student ability in attaining the ESLRs.
- School is a positive and supportive environment where students grow intellectually and socially in a diverse setting.
- Extra-curricular activities build student confidence, a sense of community, and increase school pride.
- Students must be exposed to the myriad of potential opportunities available to them after graduation.
CaliforniaHigh SchoolExpected Schoolwide Learning Results (ESLRs):
Analytical Thinkers Who:
- Identify, integrate, and apply information
- Utilize multiple sources of information
- Make informed decisions
Self-Directed Achievers Who:
- Formulate positive personal values
- Set, pursue, and accomplish realistic and challenging personal goals
Quality Producers Who:
- Create intellectual and artistic products
- Demonstrate the effective use of appropriate technology
Effective Communicators Who:
- Demonstrate verbal, non-verbal, and written skills
- Communicate with a variety of audiences
- Utilize effective listening skills
- Incorporate technology tools to enhance communication
Collaborative Workers Who:
- Establish and accomplish effective goals with each other
- Follow through on assigned tasks to achieve the common group goal
- Demonstrate respect for diversity
Community Contributors Who:
- Use their time and talents to improve the quality of life in our schools and communities