It is the mission of the Whittier Union High School District to achieve & maintain excellence in providing a comprehensive education for all students.
The Whittier Union High School District will provide all students with an engaging, quality standards-based instructional program delivered by a well-trained staff resulting in improved student achievement, WHATEVER IT TAKES.
Statement of Beliefs
- Every individual has worth and dignity.
- Every student can and will learn.
- Directing students to participate in the most rigorous course of study consistent with their abilities and future goals.
- There is strength inherent in the ethnic and cultural diversity of the students, parents and community we serve.
- Accountability to students, parents and community for student academic and personal growth.
- Parents are essential partners in the education of their children.
- Collaboration and articulation with the K-16 education community is essential to ensuring a quality education.
- We are integral partners in the business and the cultural life of the community.
- The value, power, and synergy of a collaborative culture.
- The success of our District is measured solely by the success of our students.
- Demographics do not determine destiny
Expectations and Outcomes
- Our students will be effective communicators, quality producers, self-directed lifelong learners, community contributors, collaborative workers, and complex thinkers.
- Our students will be prepared to meet the challenges and changing needs of society.
- Our schools will be safe and secure learning environments.
- Our students will be taught by a well-trained, competent staff with a deep personal commitment to the academic and personal success of their students.
- All of our students will have ACCESS to the most rigorous, challenging courses of study.
- Our students will learn in high quality, modern facilities in a physical environment equipped with state-of-the-art technology.
- Our schools will be places where students establish and develop positive relationships with other students and adult role models.
- Our schools will provide timely, focused academic support and intervention necessary for success for ALL students.