The Information Technology and Educational Technology Departments have merged together in order to form the Technology Services Department. This newly formed department adds the value of increased internal communication, project planning, and team cohesion in order to provide the best customer service possible when it comes to all aspects of technology within the district.
The department is constantly keeping an eye on what technology is being used in order to determine what needs to be upgraded, replaced, or moved altogether. New technologies are constantly on our radar and we continually check-in with fellow departments and vendors regarding what can be done to make our team more efficient while providing a better end-user experience.
The mission of the Technology Services Department is to provide strategic vision, leadership, and solutions for all things technology, by way of the highest quality services to all stakeholders. The Department of Technology Services provides data-driven reporting, and custom software solutions, as well as technical support, in an effort to assist staff and students in reaching their goals.
Technology Service Accomplishments in 2018-2019
- Upgraded Cisco Call Manager and Unity
- Cisco IP Phones have been replaced/upgraded with new phones
- Implemented tools to more easily manage Chromebooks and their growing numbers
- Subscribed to Social Archive in order to track all district social media activity
- Piloting Aeries Online Enrollment at Pioneer High School
- Upgraded BYOD system to newest version
- Transitioned all sites to Jolly Tech for student and staff ID cards
Technology Service Goals for 2019-2020
- Merge all Adult School technologies into day-to-day operations
- Implement Aeries Online Enrollment for remaining school sites
- Increase usage of Aeries Communications and Aeries Parent Portal
- Adhere to various changes with State and Federal data reporting
- Research and deploy new/upgraded server backup solution
- Test IP-to-Analog paging system zone controller in order to bypass old cabling